Car sales are down across Australia. Data shows that new car sales are in decline. However, customers are still looking for their dream vehicle but there are a few concerns they have when deciding to purchase a new car.
Here are 5 tips for selling your new car in today’s environment:
Tip 1: Strategic advertising
Customers are now researching online more than ever for anything they want to buy, and Cars are no different. A key component for selling your new car is the quality of the vehicles presence online.
Here is how to maximise your online presence:
- Dealership website: For customers to view and enquire about your stock.
- Social Media presence: Social media is the largest hotspot for traffic on the web. This gives you the largest online community linked with personal messaging services so you can respond to leads on the spot.
- Online advertising: Through online car sales websites such as Gumtree, Carsales and Facebook Marketplace.
- Quality of advertisement: This includes accurate information and details such as price. High quality photos and customer engagement.
Tip 2: Customer engagement
Customers want to know all the details before talking to anyone about purchasing their new car. Make sure you are providing the details and giving them simple non intimidating ways of asking for more information. New car selling in Australia is an increasingly competitive market so satisfying the customers needs is a must.
Here are a few examples of creating the best customer engagement:
- Fast response to leads: Customer patience is continuously declining, when a lead comes through a great way to help the customer feel important is to respond to them as fast as possible. Same hour is a must!
- Cater to the customers needs: Listen to the customers needs and any questions or concerns they may have, whether it be price point, colour, add on features etc. See how you can cater to them.
- Flexibility: Customers are always looking for a bargain, a good tip is to be flexible with what the customer may need. See if you can find a way to provide for them and meet their needs.
Tip 3: Competitive Pricing
New cars are constantly for sale, there is no shortage of demand for customers in Australia. The key deciding factor for customers when purchasing a new car is the price. Flexible and competitive pricing is a must when selling your new car.
Cars that are priced so far away or listed with no price compared to other new car dealers, automatically pushes customers to your competition. We recommend closely monitoring your key competitors, deals they are giving and how you can somehow match them.
Tip 4: Research:
Customer preferences are constantly changing, one thing that is selling today is not guaranteed to be sold tomorrow. Research the current market trends, this would include keeping up to date with the newest features available, colours, models etc. Find out what your customer may want to buy in 3 – 6 months’ time, not what they were buying earlier in the year.
Researching the market also allows you to understand the customer buying choices and preferences automatically putting you on the front foot when selling you will already understand the customers needs.
Tip 5: Honesty:
Honesty costs nothing. Customers want to know everything they hear is correct and accurate. When buying new cars customers are not loyal. If the customer suspects they are hearing false or inaccurate information they will just move on to the competition.
Honest information that are a must:
Price: Be honest with the price, do not hide costs. This infuriates buyers the most. Be honest with what the best you can do and see how you can satisfy the customer.
Car information: Be honest with all details of the car and any documentation.
To conclude, selling new cars in Australia is proving to be a challenge in the current environment. However, that does not mean customers are not looking to purchase their dream new vehicle, with the tips above we believe this will help you maximise your results and increase profitability.