A NSW car dealer has been fined $7725 for providing inaccurate and misleading PPSR reports to customers.
It's illegal to pass off false PPSR reports to customers. The government is cracking down and are handing out large penalties to dealers who fail to comply.
With the ongoing boom of Used Car sales, PPSR and Car history reports have never been more important! Studies show that 6 in 10 people find it important to source information from an independent third-party before purchasing a car. This means that 60% of prospective buyers would feel more confident in buying a car from a dealership that offers PPSR and Car History reports without forcing them to commit.
Independent CarHistory reports offered to customers not only support a dealership’s inventory through increased credibility, but they also help to build a valuable database of qualified leads.
EasyCars is the easiest all-in-one solution that automates your entire PPSR and Car History reporting – Keeping you compliant at all times!
With EasyCars you can:
- Save time by completely eliminating manual data entry.
- Pay for a vehicle report only once with 'duplicate' detection.
- Convert more leads into sales with free Cars History reports.
- Purchase reports for vehicles not in stock - like trade-ins. They are automatically mapped to a vehicle once it's in stock.
- Instant access to purchased reports for viewing, emailing or printing.
- Purchased via an Equifax monthly account so no credit card transaction every time.
Don’t risk unnecessary fines! A small investment of $9.25 per vehicle lets you offer unlimited FREE CarHistory Reports to your leads.
For more information on PPSR and Car History reports in EasyCars click here.
To stay up to date with all the latest industry news and advice visit our news page here.