In today's highly competitive automotive industry, dealers are constantly looking for effective ways to build trust, retain customers and ultimately increase sales. A powerful tool to help achieve these goals is the voice of past customers. Testimonials provide social proof, allowing potential buyers to hear real stories from happy customers.
In this blog post EasyCars will explore the importance of testimonials in automotive marketing and will provides valuable insights into how testimonials can help dealers increase sales.
Let’s get into it!
The Impact of Testimonials on Car Buying
The voice of past customers has a great influence on consumer behaviour. Recent studies show, 85% of consumers trust online reviews and testimonials as much as personal recommendations. For big purchases like a car, having positive customer testimonials will dispel suspicion, build credibility, and increase likelihood of purchase.
Potential car buyers are more likely to perceive a dealer as trustworthy when they see positive experiences from satisfied customers. Testimonials act as social proof, proving that others have had positive experiences with a dealership and the vehicles or services they provide. Often, testimonials are the the tipping point in converting potential buyers into paying customers.
How to Collect Customer Testimonials
To effectively harness the power of testimonials, dealers must collect compelling stories and experiences from satisfied customers. Here are a few tips for collecting effective testimonials from your past customers.
1. Timing is Vital: Request testimonials immediately after a customer has purchased a car, while their experience is fresh in their minds. This ensures that the details are vivid and the emotions are still strong.
2. Gain a Variety of Different Testimonials: Collect testimonials from a variety of different customers, such as first-time car buyers, experienced car buyers, and most importantly customers who have used different dealerships in the past. This demonstrates that your dealership has serviced all types of buyers and can help no matter what!
3. Be Authentic: You need to make sure testimonials appear legitimate. Encourage customers to provide specific details about their experience and highlight how the dealership went above and beyond their expectations. Genuine and detailed testimonials carry more weight and resonate better with potential buyers.
4. Try Use Multimedia Examples: Try to use multimedia such as photos or videos to enhance the testimonial's authenticity and engagement. Visual content captures attention and adds a personal touch, increasing the impact of the testimonial.
How to Showcase Testimonials Effectively
Once you have gathered a collection of different customer testimonials, it's crucial to showcase them effectively to maximise their impact. Here are a few ways you can showcase your testimonials.
1. Create a Destination on Your Website: Dedicate a prominent section on your dealership's website to showcase customer testimonials. Also make sure you display them on the homepage, you need to make them easily accessible for website visitors.
2. Post on Social Media: Share snippets or quotes from customer testimonials on your social media channels. Add visually examples of the cars that the customer sold to grab attention and encourage engagement.
Harnessing the Power of Online Review Platforms
In today's digital age, online review platforms play a key role in shaping consumer perceptions. Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews on platforms like Google My Business, Yelp, and industry-specific review sites. Promptly respond to reviews, whether positive or negative, to demonstrate your dealership’s commitment to customer satisfaction and address any concerns raised. Proactively monitoring and managing online reviews can greatly improve your dealerships reputation and credibility.
In an increasingly competitive market, Customer Testimonials has become one of the most powerful marketing tools for Motor dealers. By collecting and effectively presenting compelling testimonials, your dealership can build credibility, and ultimately increase sales.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article. To read more articles like this, please visit the EasyCars latest news page here.
EasyCars by Jeal is an Australian, web-based, dealer management system that automates the buying and selling of motor vehicles. Using the latest technologies, EasyCars removes frustrations experienced at the dealership and opens your doors for greater growth.
EasyCars features include Simple Stock Management, Automated Advertising, Integrated Accounting, Government Compliance, Business Reporting, Facebook Automotive Inventory Ads, Reviews Management, Dealership Websites and more.
To learn more about EasyCars Dealer Management System or to arrange a no-obligation free demo, contact us today on 1300 473 744 or submit the form below.